Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hermit House Slog

Today Panama took the class on an adventure slog through the muddy coast of Chapman Field Park, through the Mangroves, about a quarter mile, to a shack a transient had built out of trash he found washed up and laying around.  When the county finally discovered what he was doing, they kicked him out.  Deciding it would cost over 80k to remove it, they left it there.  Hmmmm.  I wonder what I could get away with.





 
It's interesting to show up at class, because you never know what you are going to do ahead of time.  Sometimes the teachers change the lesson based on weather or mood.  Sometimes they give you a heads up that we will be canoeing or hiking, but not always.  On this day, I had worn flip flops.  Not the worst shoes to wear, but definitely NOT the right shoes for slogging.   You need shoes that are tied on!!  I was going barefoot most of the way home.  The sticks hurt, but my shoes kept getting stuck under inches of mud.  I had no choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment